Who lives in the shadows?
- Cob – a tricksy fae inhabiting the park on Belle Isle
- Albert Neri – a werewolf who has embedded himself within the Detroit Mafia
- Vasilli – a Chicago journalist newly returned to the city, but without his soul
- Nathaniel – a French vampire who has watched Detroit’s rise and fall, often in despair
Otherworldly creatures around town include:
- Madame Mystic – a seer of true power hiding in plain sight as a dimestore psychic
- Arioch – the demon to whom Vasilli owes his soul
- Manuel Moroun – owner of the Ambassador Bridge
- Father Anthony – a Franciscan who runs the Catholic Church in Southwest Detroit, in Albert Neri’s territory
- Lieutenant Carla Martinez – a police official linked to Nathaniel
- Yuri – a spectre who ordered vampires out of Belle Isle to help Cobb some time ago
- Elminster – a wizard who holds Yuri’s phylactery
- Keiva Wiley – ex-cop now working for a demon and holding a valuable flash drive
Rumors and happenings
- Cob owes a debt to Yuri and needs to retrieve the spectre’s phylactery
- Cob owes Albert for protecting Madame Mystic in his territory, Madame Mystic owes Cob for arranging protection and Albert for protecting her.
- Albert owes Cob for bungling the retrieval of Yuri’s phylactery.
- Vassily owes Cob for breaking his promise to leave town.
- Nathaniel is aware of indiscreet vampire activity in Corktown
- A voodoo gang has been encroaching on Albert’s territory in Southwest, led by Kobo and his shaman, Baron Samedi
- A true crime reporter is investigating Father Anthony, who is suspected of aiding illegal immigration
- Vasilli is struggling to protect his wife Katya from the demon Arioch
- Albert points out good feeding targets to Nathaniel, generally those who need eatin’
- Nathaniel handles mundane mortal matters for Cobb, who finds cell phone bills mysterious